1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre foods you've eaten

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain Obvious, Feb 14, 2013.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Pork rinds are generally fried pork skin but I do think some regional differences apply.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Didn't Bush 41 love pork rinds, but despised broccoli?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Well, one tastes horrible and shouldn't be put in your mouth anyway. The other is pork rinds.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I thought you were going to say:
    Well, one tastes horrible and shouldn't be put in your mouth anyway. The other is pork rinds and broccoli.

Riptide likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bush in your mouth? Discuss.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My grandfather used to love to serve something at a barbecue and then laugh his ass off when he told people what they were really eating.

One of his favorite breakfast delicacies was brains and eggs (I never could bring myself to try it). And of course, he ate Rocky Mountain oysters (bull testicles).

Off his grill, I had, among other things, turtle, beaver, emu, squirrel, rabbit, goat and armadillo (which freaked my mom out, since they are a carrier or leprosy). Never had possum, as far as I know.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There are definite differences, at least I know there are among chicharron based on the cut.
    I was just saying chitlins and rinds are different.

Draft saved Draft deleted