1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre 8-man score of the week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 9, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That gamer needs sent to every spread-running high school coach in America.

My neighbor who coaches a very successful high school team in the area got his ass handed to him Friday night running that sidecar bullshit half the teams in college run now. The other team went three down linemen and shut it down. I asked him why he didn't put the QB under center and student body left and righted them out of that D, and he said it was not even in their playbook.

Mind you, his team was bigger, stronger and faster, but still lost because the O he runs (which has been the best in the city for four straight years) asks his sophomores to hold blocks too long.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Never actually covered either team, but oh how I love trips to Hodgeman County. Jetmore's nice, but I miss Hanston.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Haven and Hesston aren't playing 8-man these days, are they?

Never thought I'd see either town referenced on SportsJournalists.com, btw. That was my hood.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Haven and Hesston aren't eight-man schools. Nowhere close.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Haven has been terrible at football for a long time.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Since 2004. I think Haven's won two games since then. Not as bad as Bluestem, which has won one game since I think 2000.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

We played them a couple times when I was in high school (I was a proud spectator, 96-2000) and they were always terrible then. I worked in Haven picking weeds at a wheat research farm when I was 14, so I've long thought most things Haven sucked, except this one girl.

I went to Andale. ... Eh, anyone who wanted to know who I was on here already knows. My Indians affiliation won't change anything.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

inquiring minds want to know......what in the hell for?

there isn't anything in any town.

9. doctorx

doctorx Member

Had a 76-39 game (11 man) in Florida last Friday.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This wasn't a couple of Podunks, either. It was two 6A teams, and the winner (Northwest Rankin) is still undefeated. Or they will be until they play Madison Central in a couple of weeks. I work with a guy who's a NWR alum and I've had to curb his enthusiasm a little bit.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's not about the town, per se, but about the games I covered there. Loved the atmosphere, from guys sitting on the tailgate of pick-up trucks lined up around the field, to fans in the stands wearing camo, hunter orange and "Got Elk?" T-shirts. Just loved covering games there. Such friendly people, too, especially compared to some bigger schools that took coverage for granted, whining and moaning at every turn.

12. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

We won 84-47 once my senior year. (11-man)

Draft saved Draft deleted