1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre 8-man score of the week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Already lost twice.

Will be a struggle for the next couple years.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You can go to hell, sir.

I miss covering six- and eight-man football.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Had a 63-27 game last night.

Was 14-14 at one point in the first quarter. Winning team scored all its points in the first half. Running back had about 219 on eight carries... and four of those carries netted four yards. Winning team had about 480 yards of offense in the first half on 30 plays.. and one touchdown was on an INT return.

Thankfully, there's a 40-point running clock rule here. But they still could've scored 100 if they wanted to.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Watching a 6-man game with athletes who can play is fun. When the athletes are bad (as is common at these schools), it can be a real death march.

Thank God for the 45-point mercy rule. It usually means you're leaving the stadium before 9 p.m.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Hesston 83,
    Haven 19

Ouch.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I kind of miss the days of seeing 100-point games in Kansas 8-man before they implemented the 45-point rule. But there are still some mismatches where you'll see 55 to 60 points in a half.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh......and our game next week....yep.....Rolla @ Moscow.

This one could easily be in the 60's.

The whitehat on our crew is an old 8-man football coach who got back into officiating.

The tshirts they made a couple years ago......"We'll play you to 100....by 6's and 2's."

I guess he damn near hit 100 a couple times.......getting to 88 or 90 or something like that.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

who was on the under?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

huh?

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

the over/under -- total number of points for the game.

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

When I was in high school out there, one team did hit 100. I think it was Triplains.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Back in my prep days, I had a 56-42 game one week and a 3-0 game the next week.

Love the low-scoring football games. They make gamers so clean.

Draft saved Draft deleted