1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bitter, dried out, old she-male skank exposes self as unredeemable POS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I can't wait for The Onion's briefs section to one day run: Ann Coulter decides against taking cheap shot.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ann Coulter is not a journalist. Journalists interview people, they do research, they have sources, they have editors. She's a political commentator. She's not even a good political commentator -- she's got no pull outside her core audience, I doubt if she's ever written anything that's changed someone's opinion on an issue and you pretty much know how she'll come down on something before you read her columns. I mean, she came out against appointing John Roberts to the Supreme Court and he cruised through the Senate....if a conservative commentator with clout, like George Will, or David Brooks or the Wall Street Journal editorial page had come out against Roberts, it would have thrown a wrench in the confirmation process. The only reason she's famous is because she says "outrageous" things, which is good enough for the idiots who book guests on cable news argument shows.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well titled thread. Knew it had to be about Ann Coulter, although I generally prefer to just ignore her.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

I love these threads too.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Believe me, I wish she weren't, but Coulter is a journalist. She's not a reporter, but she's definitely a journalist and (just to prove how unbelievably stupid some people are in this country) a best-selling author.

And you know what, it's not her I blame for that. She's taking the money and enjoying life for churning out unreadable shit. Can't blame her. The people paying her to write these third-grade-level columns and books, they should be forced to sit in a 6x6 room for the next three years as Gilbert Gotfried reads to them over and over every word they've paid Coulter to write.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Maybe she's jealous that she didn't get to blow him.

She could still ask him; I can't see him turning down fellatio from anyone of either gender, which would be appropriate given that Coulter's gender (if she does in fact have just one) has yet to be determined. ;D

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's gotta be a great untapped market for Talking Book editions of Gilbert Gottfried reading chapters of Ann Coulter books.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I am just waiting to hear if Coulter takes Rollins up on his offer. Now that's a Reality TV show whose time has come.

As for Coulter, the thing that kills me is that there is better -- and certainly more nuanced and intelligent -- commentary being produced at college newspapers across the country every day. She's the Paris Hilton of -- yes, I'm going to say it -- journalism in that she has no interest in doing anything that has any actual value and every interest in drawing attention to herself through mean-spirited and intellectually dishonest attacks that make Rush Limbaugh seem like George Will. And in the spirit of Ann ... she's also one ugly bitch.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I had no idea it was Coulter until I got to the end. I was thinking that heyabbott can't write at all, and then I saw he didn't write it.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm surprised Henry Rollins isn't bigger than he is by now on the comedy scene. He is fantastic.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Maybe Ann's jealous that she didn't get blown by Monica.

Draft saved Draft deleted