1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bite me, Pontiac, bite me!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Apr 15, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I think places like AutoZone will change them for you for free, at least if you bought them there.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The directions I printed from Auto Zone said you could just use a flathead screwdriver. It was a lie!

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Change the headlights? I'm lucky I can add windshield wiper fluid to my car.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Were"? Try "are." ;D

You forgot the best Ford insult: F_cked Over Rebuilt Dodge

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Sam, that's what I was going to say. "Are."

Been over 20 years since I've owned a Ford.

Oh wait. Scratch that. I inherited one when I got married.

But we didn't have it for long.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One of my best friends inherited a Ford because it was his new wife's vehicle.

It didn't stay in the family long. It started failing and my friend gladly roundhouse kicked the door. (For those worried about hurting the resale value, please laugh. Now.)

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Until a couple of years ago, the wife drove a 99 Olds Alero. God help you if you ever needed to replace the battery, since GM thoughfully left about a half-centimeter of space between the bolt on the bracket and the grille assembly. Literally you could turn the bolt about 1/8 of a turn at a time before having to take the damn thing out and reinsert it. We went through two batteries, and I lost enough combined skin on my knuckle to clothe an orphanage.

Draft saved Draft deleted