1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bite me, Pontiac, bite me!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Apr 15, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Thanks soooooo much for making it nearly impossible for me to change my own headlights. I hope your car designers are stuck in a hell where they have to constantly try to pry some gigantic piece of car off and aren't able to while the devil cackles loudly behind them, mocking them for their incompetence.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

A girl ought to be able to change her own headlights, jackasses!

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

First I thought this was about the city. Then, implants. But yes, headlights suck.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But the city would, indeed, volunteer to bite her...

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

...on the headlights?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Um, you bought a Pontiac. You expected greatness? Just sayin'.

(Although I do like getting a G6 as a rental on occasion)

6. sportschick

Hey, I bought what was on the used car lot when the transmission in my last car died. It was the Pontiac or a Dodge, and the dodge had 50K more miles.

I did get the headlights changed, but I had to have my boyfriend bring his tools over, cause even though the instructions said I could use a flathead screwdriver to remove the parts I needed to, it was a lie and I didn't have a the right tools (have fun with that in the quote function, gents!).

Stupid Pontiac!

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"Hey SC, I'll change your headlights. Just like I'll change your mind about the fact September 11 was a Bush conspiracy."

:p :p :p :p :p

My last car was a Pontiac. Needed work every other week, but was easy and very accessible to work on, including changing the headlights.

Of course, it was literally 50-plus years old . . .

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Pontiac didn't exactly have the best designers, and compounded with beancounters cutting too many corners, I can see where this is a big problem.

Is there any way to access the headlamp bulbs from the engine bay? Some of the Japanese machines are pieced together like that.

9. sportschick

Oh, the only way to access them is from the engine bay, but you have to take this huge other part off first, and it had these plug thingies that I couldn't get out because I didn't have the right tools.

Stupid, fucking Pontiac!

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Changing the headlight bulbs in a Pontiac -- or probably any car, for that matter -- is probably a thousand times easier than in a VW New Beetle, i.e., The Most Difficult Car To Work On Ever. My sister has one, and it's a royal pain the the arse to do pretty much anything to.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Pontiacs rule, S/C! You just need the right one.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Wal Mart will install the headlights for free if you buy the lights there and have an oil change done.

I think so, not positive.

SC, I don't think I need to tell you this, but I would go to Consumer Reports and check out their car ratings before buying again.

Draft saved Draft deleted