1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bitch, just come out of the closet already

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 21, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

When you're confronting male strangers on a plane by calling them "bitch," and you go on fag-hag Numero Uno Kathy Griffin's talk show (wait, she has a talk show?) to talk about it...then it's just time to come on out of the closet that everyone on the planet knows you are in, Anderson!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-anderson-cooper-plane-kathy-griffin,0,3157563.story

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Man, you really are bored in Albuquerque, aren't you?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's raining out.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The fact the triumphant Call Us Next Tuesday Kathy Griffin appears on any airwaves anywhere is this world's best argument for broadcast censorship.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Read 50 Shades, TigerVols.

I wonder about guys like Cooper or John Travolta. It seems like everyone knows about their closet at this point, so why don't they just come out? Or, would 50 percent of this country actually be surprised by such announcements?

If you stand in line at a supermarket, it seems like you would have some inkling about certain celebrities like Cooper and Travolta.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I had no idea Anderson Cooper was in the closet.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't really care, but if you want to stay there, you don't go around broadcasting that you call other guys bitches.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Since when is Cooper in the closet? I thought he has long been out as gay.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I bet he wears an earring in his left ear, too. ::)

If a dude calling another dude "bitch" means he's gay, I guess Dave Chapelle, Charles Oakley and Chuck Barkley (among many others) are gay as May poles.

EDIT: Not to mention Happy Gilmore and reputed ass pirate Bob Barker.

Absolutely ridiculous thread.

10. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'm unclear on his "closeted" status. He's in a position where his sexual orientation shouldn't be relevant, and he's not in a sham marriage. The only public statements I can find are non-denials about how it's not anybody's business.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

May poles are gay? I thought they were just undiscriminating.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Anderson Cooper is as "out" as a person could possibly be without shouting it from the rooftops.
    He's often pictured with his longtime partner at "society" events, or riding bikes with him along the Hudson, or just hanging out near the downtown house they bought together. There are pics of them hugging, speaking intimately, holding hands -- and neither bothers to hide it. (Of course, why should they?)
    They just apparently subscribe to the idea that what they do in the bedroom is nobody's business. Isn't that what half the world shouts when somebody publicly comes out? Who cares?!! On the other side of that coin is that maybe he could change some minds or policy if he were to talk about being gay -- rather than just simply living his life as a gay man -- but it's pretty silly to say he's in the closet.

Draft saved Draft deleted