1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bisher's BS detector is broken

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So you're saying Ferris Bueller is dead!?!

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit. I can't handle summer school.

3. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Just relaying what I was told by folks who know things.

4. Sneed ... you did yourself no favors with your "shameless plug" signature. Just pray to Jesus -- and I know you will -- that folks on these boards aren't bored enough to visit your Web site. Wow.

Nice job "just relaying what I was told by folks WHO KNOW THINGS ..." Some people might call that gossip, but you ARE a reporter with your own Internet site.

And not to be a spoiler because I know "Lost: Season 6" hasn't started yet, but Jesus created the Dahrma Initiative!!!

5. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Yeah, Brandon, you've got to self-edit on that site, too. Cutting out the redundancies would be a good start:
    "but I also do myriad other work as well. "

BTW, the link no longer is active.

6. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way, but I'm feeling a little attacked. I figured plugging myself and outing myself -- a few folks here already know who I am, anyway -- would make me hold myself more accountable. I want to get better.

Also, about this Tiger getting his face busted up thing -- I was just talking with everyone here. Maybe that was a mistake? But I wasn't saying I had some inside scoop or anything. I was just saying that other people had said the same things.

7. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Changed it for now. Thinking on it. Didn't want this to become a threadjacking though, so on with the original conversation. :)

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You never answered my question. What's more believable - forwarded email or FHP?

9. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Dude....really? Of course the FHP. All I was saying was that I'd heard the same thing -- that Tiger's face was wrecked enough to require plastic surgery -- from other people who were not related at all to Bischer's contact's email. And all I've read from the incident report was, among other things, "lacerations to the lips" and "noticeable blood." Both are pretty broad, general phrasings of what could or could not have been pretty serious injuries.

10. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

From my dealings with FHP - I'd go with forwarded e-mail.

Draft saved Draft deleted