1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birthers aren't too smart ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

LOLZ!

http://gawker.com/5867727/stadiums-closed-roof-dooms-birthers-aerial-message

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I would be curious to see what time of the day this occurred. Looking at the parking lot, I would guess during tailgating time. They do this all the time in Houston when the roof is closed but prior to a game. At 10 a.m., everyone is outside anyway and you actually have a pretty captive audience.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Their target audience can't read.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This is true. Plus, it happened in Dallas. They can't do much right up there anyway.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Birthers apparently cannot read a schedule either. The Cowboys game last week was a Sunday night game.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... We do lots wrong up this way, but we're pretty clear on the difference between Dallas and Arlington.

Which makes me wonder just how authentic this picture (at least the reputed timing of it) is. That's pretty much a high noon shot at Cowboys Stadium, and that's a lot of early tailgaters.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They also had video of it. And if my directions are correct, that's some staff parking in the distance.

Regardless, if they were flying it that early before a Sunday night game then more folks saw it on Gawker than in the sky above the stadium.

8. doctorquant

That lot in the distance is a Rangers Ballpark lot. Stadium staff don't park there. Staff members park at UT Arlington (2 to 3 miles SW of the stadium) and come in on buses. Quite the pain on those odd Monday night games when the university (34,000 enrollment) is in session. One whole commuter lot is taken over.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The stadium is oriented from ENE to WSW, so based on that and the maps I've seen, the POV is toward due south, which is opposite the Ballpark. If the orientation were north, you'd see the Walmart across Randol Mill.

10. doctorquant

Actually, the more I look at it, the more convinced I am that the photo in question has been massaged (or at least was taken long ago (say, 2008)). That meandering creek you see in the distance is on the east side of the stadium complex. This photo is oriented toward ENE, but the area in the upper left hand corner doesn't look like that now. The kicker, though, is the cars that are parked on that grassy section. I have been to a number of events at the Jerrydome and I have never seen cars being parked on a landscaped area. I think this was made long before Sunday's game.

Draft saved Draft deleted