1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birmingham News: Tuberville out at Auburn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 3, 2008.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Slappy,

Either way, if you can't keep it in your pants, might as well keep it in the family.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pope, why do you hate the Sunbelt?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Upon seeing the thread title, I was all set to say we need to check the airports around Fayetteville, Ark. for any planes tied to Auburn boosters.

Guess I don't need to make that joke, especially now since Auburn is a bigger joke.

And Petrino can't seriously consider taking the Auburn job, can he?

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Dumbest coaching move this season by far.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

So you've yet to hear about Lane Kiffin's new job?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And some still wonder why others think the SEC can be a total fucking joke.

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

Well played.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Tommy Bowden: Not an SEC coach
    Lloyd Carr: Not an SEC coach
    Frank Solich: Not an SEC coach
    R.C. Slocum: Not an SEC coach

And that's just off the very top of my head.

It's almost like y'all sit around all day and try and come up with new and inventive ways to bitch and moan about the SEC and it's wild and enormous collection of "fanboys."

But y'all are probably right. Only SEC schools run off coaches that shouldn't be run off. And only SEC fans think their conference is the best, even when it isn't. And only SEC fans are obnoxious, inbred heathens unable to put two sentences together or keep from humping their cousins.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I didn't say other schools weren't ridiculous either. But this has been an ongoing thing with Tuberville, and he'd kind of had a bit more success than Bowden did. Solich too.

And trust me, I've had a blast watching Michigan this year.

But an extra bonus is watching all you hillbillies get all riled up and defensive. It's like someone told ya'll us northerners are coming after your guns.

(I can keep up the stereotyping too, if it gets your thin skin all flushed)

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

There is no question the SEC is the best conference in the nation. And thanks for the thing about you guys humping your cousins. If you could please explain Kentucky basketball fans next, I'd be much obliged.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No question? The Big 12 would like to have a few words with you.

12. mb

mb Active Member

The only person who said the SEC was best was Mr. Straw Man. But that's not unusual for these parts. And, as to the humping cousins, I guess I got my shit-on-the-south threads confused. Sorry. There's so many of them they all kind of run together.

Especially for us rednecks down here.

Draft saved Draft deleted