1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birmingham, Mobile and Huntsville to publish three days a week

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by alanpagerules, May 24, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I can't wait to see what the first and second quarter earnings are.

2. For Advance? It's a private company, so you won't see anything.

3. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Good news for Birmingham and a smart way for the T-News to move into an underserved market.

At least they'll be able to spell Birmingham. At least they'll have that going for them. Better than going mobile or should I say, going mobil?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

You're right. If the model isn't working, there will be more personnel moves I'm afraid.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Never in a billion years did I expect the Birmingham News to pass on breaking news from something called Ricky Stokes News. I feel for the good journalists I still know who have their names tied to this nonsense.

http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2013/01/shooting_on_school_bus_reporte.html

No other confirmation for this. If this is what journalism is now, why bother?

6. Whatever it is, the traffic from AL.com appears to have crashed RickyStokesNews.com

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Ricky Stokes is a bad mother fucker.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I agree.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Ricky Stokes News is a local site in the southeast corner of the state, Dothan area.

If it crashed it's because of his updates and Google searche results looking for information about the current hostage situation involving a crazy man and 5-year old kid in the old man's bunker.

This is correct, too: "If this is what journalism is now, why bother?"

Draft saved Draft deleted