1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birmingham, Mobile and Huntsville to publish three days a week

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by alanpagerules, May 24, 2012.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

A defined benefit retirement annuity is insured by the feds up to about 40+K in retirement pay a year. So that is as safe money as you are going to find. I am from a neighborhood close to the old Denver airport and know retirees who kept their pension plans through the United and Continental airline bankruptcies. Not familar with the NYT offer but I would be very relucant to pull that money out of a defined plan.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The editorial was written in Decatur, as far as I can tell. The Sheltons are big Dems.

8. Are reporters who had worked at one Advance newspaper being considered for jobs at another Advance newspaper? For example, if someone had worked in Mobile, are they receiving serious consideration in New Orleans?

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I can honestly say you've got your foot in the door above other candidates... it just depends on how good of a job the recruitment agency is doing that's in charge of the hiring process at the paper.

10. dixiehack

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

12. dixiehack

Draft saved Draft deleted