1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Birdscribe on Jeopardy - SPOILERS, SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 3, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've set the Tivo for 7:30. I don't care if I know how it ends...I just want to be able to see it, so I have a face to put with the posts. :)

2. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

I have a solid guess. Is this country's capital city named after an earlier president who shares the first name of Thomas Buchanan's cousin?

On a related topic, I passed the Jeopardy online test a couple of months ago and was recently invited to an in-person audition in DC next month. I'm supposed to come up with five interesting tidbits about myself for possible Alex conversation fodder. I'll definitely include a couple of work-related stories.

Trebek (reading index card): It says here that you once found yourself on the wrong side of a famed baseball figure who is usually known for his good humor.

Baltimoreguy: That’s right, Alex. Tommy Lasorda once unleashed the most vile string of obscenities I’ve ever heard because I asked him why he let Larry Walker beat the Dodgers with a home run in the bottom of the ninth instead of pitching around him.

Trebek: Really? That’s seems contrary to what we’ve always heard about his personality.

Baltimoreguy: Actually, he’s one of the biggest pricks I’ve ever met.

Trebek (moving on): And here's our returning champion, a research librarian from Pocatello, Idaho, who says she never travels without at least three of her 19 cats. Tell us about that.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Three minutes to Birdscribe."

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Baltimoreguy: Yes

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There he is!

Sax and the city?

seriously?

6. Johnny Dangerously

I wish he had scrawled "Birdscribe" for his signature instead of his name.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Lenzy -- the spelling and the woman -- is ripe for a Julia Sweeney parody, in my opinion. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Didn't get the Simpsons question..

For shame!

9. Johnny Dangerously

Worm wranglers?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nice work pegging the DD.

Bird's kicking ass!

11. Johnny Dangerously

He looks poised, confident, professional, mature and well-groomed.

What's he doing on SportsJournalists.com?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Never would have gotten Liberia.

Nice work, Bird.

Draft saved Draft deleted