1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bin Laden's Shooter Speaks.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Feb 12, 2013.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Uhh, you might want to walk that back, tough guy:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/76763/

Considering, you know, TBF has one of these pinned to his chest:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. turski7

turski7 Member

Well, that I didn't know. Just tired of people blasting these guys and who have no clue what they go through.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hell, they shouldn't ever pay taxes again.

4. National Guard? I've had family put in their 20 in the Air Force.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, bud. You're right.

I have no idea what an RPG at a helicopter looks like.

6. Did everyone who survived the initial assault on Normandy get a full pension? Why are the SEALS different?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't know why anyone is paying attention to this guy.

Everybody knows Obama killed Bin Laden.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just finished article and also recently finished the book by Matt Bissonnette. As to who killed Bin Laden each has a different take.
    Bissonnette claims that he was the 2nd guy on the steps and that the lead guy fired from steps and by the time they got to the room, that Bin laden was already on the floor dead. This conflicts with the Shooter story who said that he was 2nd guy and killed Bin Laden when the entered the room.

There has to be more to this story. Really makes no sense why The Shooter would leave before he was eligible for his pension and other benefits.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

There were multiple "2nd guys," weren't there? I mean, when the first REAL 2nd guy breaks off down a hallway or something, the next guy up becomes the current 2nd guy.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've been told they're the same guy.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Point man was always the same. He was the one who shot Khalid and story is consistent.
    It gets foggy from there. After Khalid was shot The SEALS moved to 2nd floor and broke off. Matt Bissonnette claims that he was then behind the point man as does "The Shooter"

Bissonnette claims that point man shot Bin Laden at when he was standing at top of stairs and when they got to room Bin Laden was already dead. "The Shooter" claims that point man grabbed the two Bin Laden wives and that he shot Bin Laden. Obviously two very different accounts.

I guess we wait to hear from "the point man".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The Shooter is a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.metallica.com/news/20130218-600491.asp

"Clearing the Air

February 18, 2013

There has been a lot of talk recently about us asking the military not to use our music to "soften people up before interrogation". We NEVER commented to the military either way on this matter. Any statements that have been made otherwise are not correct"

Apparently, the Shooter's passing assertion regarding this got a bit of attention.

I actually knew this to be true when I read the article, where the Shooter got all pissy about the band supposedly telling the military to not use their music. Seems like a dumb detail to include, and to make up in the first place. Would have preferred further information regarding the health insurance thing anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted