1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Packer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sirvaliantbrown, Apr 5, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

it's again worth asking: does ANYONE like fudge packer?

FWIW, i've met a few wake forest clowns on the internets who respect him, but don't necessarily like him. and that's about it.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

LC, agreed on Harlan. It's a nice change of pace.

3. You know what, though? Thompson does absolutely terrific interviews with NBA players. He's tougher on them than others are - because he knows they respect him, and he also doesn't care.

Here's the most amazing one: when Kevin Garnett cries for like three minutes.

4. PS: criticizing him is cool, but you can do it without the "he's a homo" stuff.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A friend of mine sent me a text while I was on desk tonight. It read, "Packer is an idiot. This game is not over yet."

Sadly, only Billy didn't realize it wasn't.

6. good luck on that

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...or Gus Johnson.

8. Gus is the best. Matter of opinion, of course. But I like him so much because he's a master of conveying the emotion of a game - because the ebbs and flows of the game are what determines what he'll say. He has his trademark things, but, other than maybe the delightful "ha-HAAA" laugh, there's little that's conspicuous as shtick - he gets excited when we, as fans, are excited, and he's not when we're not.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Isn't defending Gus Johnson on the level of defending Lean Dean?

10. The poor ain't so bad

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I thought Packer worked in tandem with Al McGuire. Sweet and sour. Now there's only sour. And I can't stand Nantz doing anything.

YD&OHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted