1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Packer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sirvaliantbrown, Apr 5, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, at least billy just declared, "this game's over," instead of trying to tell us what n.c. has to do to get back into it. ::) ::) ::)

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Wonder what the CBS execs think of Packer saying the game is over as America switches over to some poker rerun.

So much for the greatest Final Four of all time.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have never in my life seen a reference to anal sex and Billy Packer. Ever. I mean ... never, ever.

Sarcasm aside, he and Nantz both make my skin crawl.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Back in the late 70s-early 80s, Enberg, Packer and McGuire were a solid team. McGuire was the obnoxious one of that bunch ("Big Clock/Little Clock.")

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Can't wait for Jim "Hello Friends" Nantz and the tinkling music from Augusta National in five days. Will Packer declare the tournament over when Tiger trails by seven after the first round?

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

At least Dick Enberg was on the play-by-play.

And that was 30 years ago.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just sayin' that he did have better days at one time. He's not at the pathetic level of Pat Summerall at the Cotton Bowl by any means.

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Packer's analysis has consisted of telling us that Kansas has "fresher legs." Nothing about how defensive positioning and lack of transition opportunities has played a role.

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Is Hansbrough a shot blocker? I wish Billy would take a stance.

10. My overriding complaint is this: in Packer's world, there can never be a good play - only a play in which somebody got beat, did something wrong. Most of us, even the ones who know the game, watch to appreciate good plays and good teamwork and general goodness. Packer seems to watch so he can point out badness.

11. I also enjoyed when he said, "The championship, at the college level, is not a best two-of-three series, it's one-and-done. And North Carolina..."

Is there any championship, anywhere, that a best two-of-three series?

12. The CBI

Draft saved Draft deleted