1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Packer............

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dan Rydell, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

... does it for the ladies like a JDV poster.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THIEF!

(check the top of the page)

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

... is a smelly pirate plagiarist.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

..... doubles as a JRC corporate lackey.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

....thinks Wlat got a raw deal

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

.... will eat a homeless person if you dare him.

Oh, and it was excruciating how badly he wanted Oden to have a great game. Around midway through the first half, Oden had 4 points and four rebounds and Packer was gushing about what a great game he was having. I couldn't figure out what was so great about it, particularly considering Brewer had like 9 points (all on threes) and was playing excellent perimeter defense.

Oden did go on to have an excellent game, but jeez, Packer seemed to want it so badly. He also said Oden should be MOP from a losing team when he had 21 points and 12 rebounds (he scored 4 more later), while Horford had 18 and 12. Sorry, but for the MOP to come from a losing team, he better have score more than 3 points better than a guy from the winning team. He really needs to drop 40 and no one on the winning team scores more than 20. After Nantz mentioned Brewer and Horford, Packer succinctly said, "It's still Oden!" Ridiculous.

Oh, and I loved how Nantz pointed out that Donovan had a nice career at Boston College and no one (ahem, Packer) corrected him.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hate Packer, but he was right about Oden.

Clearly the best player on the floor.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But if the game plan is to let him get his points, but stop the perimeter game, he's going to get his points and boards anyway.
    He was supposed to score.
    But did the Bucks play defense on Horford? Yes. and he still got great numbers...

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And a better announcer would have pointed that out.

BTW, if the game plan was to guard the perimeter, I don't know how great a job Florida did. The Buckeyes missed a bunch of threes with hands in their faces, but they missed just as many wide open ones.

I wouldn't argue if Oden was MOP, wouldn't argue with a couple kids on Florida, either, is all I'm saying.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Okie dokie...

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I started to move this to Sports and News, but almost as soon as it appeared it seemed it really wasn't a Sports topic anymore. Now, it just might be one again. Who knows? Anyway, I just looked up the definition of Sports, so ...

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Looks like the new sheriff's got hisself a hair trigger, boys...

;) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted