1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy King Fired!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Dec 4, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

He'll be named GM of the Duke Blue Devils any day now.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's amazing he hung on this long.

Hopefully, more terrible executives will get the boot soon (Hello there Mr. Thomas!)

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The former Nets GM has taken over for King. I forget his name at the moment.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Wait. A Duke grad who isn't successful in the NBA. That's a new one.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Hey now, Danny Ferry sure made an impact.
    :)
    [I really wanna use blue font on that, but that might be as close to the truth as I can muster]

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Name is Ed Stefanski. Did a good job assembling a decent team in NJ. Wasn't the main architect, but had input. Hopefully he'll focus on the draft as a rebuilding tool and use second round picks on promising European players the Sixers actually intend on keeping.

He'll also have plenty to of money to work with since Philly will have a ton of cap room this summer, not that many players will be lining up to play there. It's going to be a while before the Sixers will even compete for a playoff spot let alone contend to win a title of any kind.

King was a horrible GM who put too much emphasis in trading for use-to-be stars to pair with Iverson. He also ignored European players pretty much all together. The only thing he was good at was getting rid of ridiculous contracts he gave out (see Mutumbo, Dikembe).

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm thinking someone else will quote this post if she's online this evening.

Draft saved Draft deleted