1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Billy Crystal thinks gay sex scenes are a little to much for him

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 19, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Voice work counts. So does directing.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Pick an actor/actress ... any one you want. But for the very, very, very fortunate few, the misses are going to outnumber the hits by a wide margin.

3. Throw Momma from the Train was god awful. Unfunny.
    City Slickers. I can kind of understand hating it ... Ok ... No I can't. Love that movie.
    The Analyze movies, hated.

Running Scared is one of my all-time favorite 80s movies and top 3 buddy-cop movies.

But come on, with the Oscars as a host Crystal set the bar.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I have a friend from college named Owen. His parents are the nicest, most sincere people you could ever meet. When they came up for parents' weekend, they took a bunch of us out to dinner and his mom, when seeing us said, "You must be Owen's friends..." and I said, "Owen doesn't have any friends!" in my best Anne Ramsey imitation.

I immediately regretted it because I was worried the reference might fly over her head, even though it was just about 5-6 years old at the time. She just started laughing so hard.

At his wedding, which I was in, when they introduced the bridal party, everybody screamed out, "Owen doesn't have any friends!"

So, nobody will ever be able to convince me that Throw Momma From the Train is not a great movie. :D

Throw Momma from the Train (9/11) Movie CLIP - He's Trying to Kill Me! (1987) HD - YouTube

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's great, RJ.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Analyze This had some very funny moments -- I'm not sure he was great in it, but I laughed a lot. Analyze That was a De Niro mortgage payment due cash grab. When Harry Met Sally, City Slickers and Running Scared were all really good.

Mr. Saturday Night should have done better than it did -- didn't Stuttering John have some great interview with Billy where he asked him if there was going to be a Mr. Saturday Night 2 and some other questions about how badly the movie did and Billy freaked out?

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, Crystal gave Stuttering John a soundbyte that Stern (or more specifically, Fred Norris) played for 20+ years.

"It's not fun... It's not funny..."

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes. That is what makes Billy Crystal so annoying. It's funny only if he deems it funny. Otherwise, he has had some moments of being the most thin-skinned, humorless comedian alive. I can't say I am in the head of Billy Crystal, but he just seems like one of those guys who had a lot of success (deservedly so), and he took it to mean that he is way more important than he really is.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Thank you. I couldn't remember.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Didn't he use to sing some cheese dick song at the Oscar's?

11. Anne Ramsey's best movie:
    Throw Momma From the Train
    Goonies
    National Lampoon's Class Reunion
    Any Which Way You Can

Discuss

No brainer ... Class Reunion.

Draft saved Draft deleted