1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Snyder; Next Coach at KSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

His insane hours and attention to detail — butter, trains, ect. — is hilarious and also a huge reason he was so successful. I've never heard any of those coaches say they regret their time at K-State or anything they learned from Snyder.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They may not have regretted the time (as coaches), but they probably knew at some time they had to move on, too.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

As would any good assistant looking to move up in the world.

This is the first time I've seen people suggest having so many assistants go on to big things is a mark AGAINST Snyder.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, a guy like Frank Solich would have made perfect sense. Familiar with the Big 12, chip on his shoulder against Nebraska, good track record, etc.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it is a mark against Snyder, but I think those guys deserve a lot of the credit for K-State's success in the 90s. I also think if you look at a guy like Frank Beamer, who is at a similar kind of school, he's either kept assistants around or replaced them with people just as good. That's why the Hokies are closing in on two decades of success and K-State couldn't mantain it.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He already knew a thing or two about butter before working for Snyder.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

now THAT'S comedy!!!!

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Remember that Monty Python skit where doctors of some kind scored soccer goals at will against a team of "Long John Silver Impersonators"? Well, someone in the AD's office at K-State is trying to find the football equivalent of those defenders to schedule for the regime of "Snyder II".

Failing to find those folks, a call to the Alabama Asthmatics Institute will be forthcoming posthaste.

Here is what you will know for sure every year that Bill Snyder is the coach at Kansas State:

The season record will be inflated with wins over teams Kansas State ought to be ashamed to schedule.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with K State scheduling bad teams, or teams from bad conferences, but I did have a problem with games against bad teams from bad conferences and whining about not getting respect.
    Oklahoma, Florida and Texas have played cupcakes too but usually no more than one or two a season. It makes sense, helps build up depth giving backups a chance to get some reps. but you've got to play "up" at some point.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

And, I mean, think about this decade. Snyder played USC....twice. He played Iowa...twice. He scheduled the Louisville series. He played Fresno State (and lost! That first one was so ugly I was glad I had a reason to leave at halftime and I despise baby showers, especially when I'm the only one in the room who hasn't procreated.) We played California.

I mean, yeah, he started the whole trend of playing a lot of patsies to start the season but towards the end, he was playing at least one D-1 non-con game a season. And now that everyone does it, it's not like we can hold it against him.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Meet the new boss ... same as the old boss.

Who knew Roger Daltrey and The Who were singing about Bill Snyder?

Draft saved Draft deleted