1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Snyder; Next Coach at KSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 23, 2008.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Snyder was already losing out on guys like Sharp to Kansas. Snyder may inject some temporary recruiting momentum, but if anyone thinks K-State is returning to its self-proclaimed Decade of Dominance (with one conference title), they are so-o-o-o-o-o-rely mistaken

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Hey, at this point, a bowl game would just be nice for K-State fans. Bowl game first, then back to Big 12 dominance.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Remember to play it at every game.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I had some buddies that were walk-ons at K-State during the Snyder era and they said he is just a strange dude. If you weren't the first or second-string quarterback or maybe an All-Big 12 player he probably couldn't remember your name. Not that it mattered, he wasn't going to speak to anybody but the quarterbacks anyway.

They said he would walk around practice with a tape recorder he talked into, making notes to himself like "No. 12 needs to pull his socks up" and "No. 64's jersey is too tight."

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They've still got two games to schedule next year - I'm guessing E. Michigan and Idaho. Too good?

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

In addition to UMass and UCLA (UCLA in California). We've got several series coming up with serious non-con opponents, such as Miami, Virginia Tech and Oregon. Besides, it's not like every other team in the country doesn't schedule games like this.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

One of those needs to be a 1-AA, errrr, FCS school.

Try Montana State in place of Idaho.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Montana State would kick Idaho's ass.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You know damn well K-State will buy out most if not all those.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I can't find a link, though I heard Van Pelt and Tirico talking about it on the radio today - apparently, Snyder opened his press conference this morning by scolding the media for breaking the news of his return before he had the chance to tell his family and friends.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And off we go... just like he never left.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bill Snyder's version of punching the biggest guy on the first day of prison so you won't be their bitch.

I wonder how the Kansas media will handle him in a second go-around? Because he's such a dick, I can't imagine he automatically regains the gravitas he had in his first stint.

Draft saved Draft deleted