1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Snyder; Next Coach at KSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

www.kansas.com

Can't believe the Patterson deal fell apart.

Can't believe they didn't wait til the season was over and go after Venables.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Does anybody think this is a bad idea for KSU?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Bad for K-State, good for everyone else in the North. Good on ya, Wildcats.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Very, very, very bad. If Snyder had lost energy, desire and motivation three years ago, he sure as hell hasn't regained it this year.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Horrible decision.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hiring a 69-year old coach to a five-year-contract? John McCain thinks this is a bad idea. Snyder's no JoPa, and this kind of "second time around" thing didn't work well for Bill Walsh at Stanford or John Robinson at USC.
    I'll put Mike Riley in a special category because he was younger than Walsh or Robinson.
    It will be interesting to see who Snyder gets on his staff. Good news for the rest of the Big 12 North - especially Chizek and Hawkins. I just don't think Snyder will be able to recruit - they might load up on Jucos, but really I only see the program going further backward.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes, please bring this grouchy old bastard back, because we don't have enough dickhead control-freak football coaches.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

On the bright side, Mizzou fans, Pinkel could get five more cracks at actually beating Snyder. There's a first for everything.

Snyder was the best thing that ever happened to K-State. He's no fool, even at 69. He'll hire competent assistants, one bad ass assistant as coach-in-waiting and after five years of rebuilding and restoring pride in the program, step aside again.

Or that's what my fellow alum tell me, anyway. As a fan, I love the guy. Always will. Can't say I'm comfortable with this, though.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He doesn't...

[​IMG]

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Just because Snyder is coming back, it isn't going to help Chizik not one bit in Ames. ISU is ISU.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And it always will be. Fail, thy name is Iowa State.

Draft saved Draft deleted