1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons v. Dane Cook

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by thebiglead, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Dane Cook = O-ver-rated

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

oh - got it, now.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Simmons took swipes at Cook some time ago. Simmons was telling another one of his name-drop Jimmy Kimmel stories right around the time of that show about Cook on tour with three other comedians. Simmons basically called Cook a hypocrite and a fraud for all of the bathroom humor on the show after Simmons saw Cook get indignant and disgusted when someone -- probably Adam Corolla -- farted backstage somewhere.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Name-dropping Jimmy Kimmel. Simmons must really want that Slap-Dick of the Decade trophy. ::) ::)

And my guess it was probably Sarah Silverman who farted.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Simmons and Cook.

The two bean-town bastards.

These are two of the un-funniest people on the planet.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here's a recap of Cook taking shots at Simmons...

http://shootyourhopesanddreams.blogspot.com/2007/09/dane-cook-ing-up-trouble-with-sports.html

7. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

speaking of funny, has anyone found Adam Carolla funny ... ever?

He's been decent when on the stern show on Sirius ... but otherwise ... can't remember one time laughing at the guy

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Actually, I thought Carolla was funny way back when on Loveline.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I concur.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I completely agree, especially the Loveline radio show, although he was fairly funny with Dr. Drew as his straight man on MTV as well. I find the entire Kimmel Cult, even Silverman, to be kind of like "Conan For People Who Aren't Smart Or Clever, But Think They Are" but Carolla did have his moments. Back in the day, when I used to cover preps, I'd drive home from games and listen to Loveline and laugh quite often. It was awesome that he'd always try to convince the 19-year-olds in bad relationships to break up with their shitty boyfriends and apply to junior college.

As for Simmons v. Cook, I hope the judge declares a mistrial.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sometimes, DD, shit is spooky.

When I was cooking I'd always drive home with the Loveline radio show on in the background, and I would always crack up at Carolla, especially the times when he'd try and convince the stripper to go back to school...

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Simmons vs. Cook Cage Match live on Pay-Per-View when WWE presents:

"What's His Appeal? 2007"

Draft saved Draft deleted