1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons smites Scoop about the head...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Feb 25, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Isn't this thread about due for another name change?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good point. I guess Jason is busy this weekend; maybe we could help him out:

--Boom=kitten; SOHH=ball of yarn.
    --Whitlock comments on Simmons commenting on Scoop commenting on Whitlock commenting on All-Star Weekend3
    --Whitlock becomes moderator of journalism board.

3. MavRick

MavRick Member

so we're being toyed with?? and here i was, headed to the store to buy you chaps some of milwaukee's finest (best):)

4. dooley_womack1

Hey, I like Mil Best. Kind of a nostalgia thing from college.

5. MavRick

MavRick Member

and a couple of years ago, i picked up some mad dog 20/20. banana red, to be specific. it put me back in the mindstate where bills were to be ignored and i could hide in the sanctity of a college classroom. good times.....

but alas.........

so i have 1 vote for mil's beast. any others?????

6. No. If I'm going to drink cheap beer, it's not gonna be the Beast. I'll take Old Style.

7. MavRick

MavRick Member

Olde English? i never even messed with that. malt liquor kills.....

8. You've never heard of Old Style? Damn, visit Chicago sometime.

9. dooley_womack1

Mad Dog was the first booze I drank, when I was 15. Nothing like throwing up in the sink in front of mom.

10. But Natty's nastiness is nothing compared to Keystone Light.

11. MavRick

MavRick Member

i love chicago. the W on shoreline is my favorite hotel of all time......so far (shout out to the Wynn, although ive never had the chance to stay there). althought the bar manager at the other W (whatever street that its on) was from austin, so she comp'd me some louis. what exactly is "old style". school me. im young enough to learn......

12. It's a beer. Served at Wrigley, along with Special Export. Go to Wrigleyville. It's all over the place.

Draft saved Draft deleted