1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons podcast

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 23, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I, too, am a recent Carolla convert -- really dug the Dr. Drew episode.

World Soccer Daily, though? Please consider this high-quality, low-cost alternative (of which I am in no way affiliated):
    http://www.kenn.com/the_blog/?page_id=1530

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Absolutely I will.

World Soccer Daily has been great with the USMNT Confederations Cup run, but I don't follow the day-to-day EPL/Champions League, etc and I see where that podcast is going.

Thanks for the link.

3. TrooperBari

My pleasure, poin.

I swear by the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast, too, but that is admittedly too Euro-centric for some.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Carolla can be very funny, although there are only so many times you can listen to the same stories about when he worked construction.

I've never listened to World Soccer Daily -- only Football Weekly (which is simply fantastic)

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Carolla's is pretty good. Oddly I found myself enjoying his one with Joe Rogan where they spent most of the hour talking about killer whales.

6. TrooperBari

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The podcasts against which all other podcasts should be measured: Ricky Gervais. People often look at me funny when I laugh out loud on planes.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I love Carolla's podcast. He always has a wide spectrum of guests too, ranging from his buddies to the shockingly good on radio David Alan Grier to Francis Ford Coppola, and David Cross and Bob Odenkirk. The only issue is that the sound quality is pretty bad at times, especially since he's paying for Donnie to edit it.

I'm also a fan of Dave Dameshek, although I realize this his voice and focus on a lot of Pittsburgh sports talk (even though he's on ESPN and based in LA) might turn some people off. I agree with the others who said you should give Simmons another chance. I'm a fan of his anyway, but he has some good ones with Cuban, Carolla, etc.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That's one of the great qualities of the Carolla podcast -- depending on the guest, the podcast will often go off in unpredictable directions.

Draft saved Draft deleted