1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons out at ESPN?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MiamiACC, Feb 23, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bet he can spell awful right though, as can I.

2. crustacean

crustacean Member

Two things:

1. Don't let Olbermann's politics taint your assessment of his talents. I'm no right-winger, but I'd be a foolish to argue that Rush Limbaugh isn't talented in what he does. Same thing with Olbermann.

2. Hey nimrod, before you call me a damn fool, learn how to spell awful. Clue: It's not "aweful", as you've typed not once, but twice in your reply. Jesus F. Christ -- if you're in a position to hire / fire it's only because Judge Smails let his nephew run the family newspaper.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Now Judge Smails that is one hell of a talent right there.

4. RedSmithClone

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Olbermann not talented on ESPN? The Big Show was legitimate good tv. If you didn't think Keith and Dan were great as a team (and now are the best team on radio for an hour), well...

6. RedSmithClone

Good point Rasputin. I am in awe of Keith. I'm in awe of how he actually makes money for any company he works for. The guy SUCKS! Wait did I spell SUCKS correctly?

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Well, Red is sure building credibility points.

8. RedSmithClone

Believe me when I say I am not the only person who thinks that guy is a no-talent-ass clown.

I guess others are afraid to post because the K.O. fan club will come down hard on them.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

... that's damning with faint praise if I ever heard it. Patrick is awful, at least IMO. And an hour of listening to Olberman talk about politics, the Yankees and the missing 1904 World Series doesn't really do anything for me.

10. mesoanarchy

mesoanarchy New Member

I think Henry Abbott of True Hoop.com might be in line to fill his spot... he just signed with ESPN.com.

11. RedSmithClone

THANK YOU!

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As somebody else pointed out, arguing about talent is pointless. I'm sure the people saying Olbermann is a talentless hack are fans of somebody we'd think shouldn't be allowed near a TV camera/radio mic/laptop.

Draft saved Draft deleted