1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons' new site

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It dropped 13 slots to No. 32 this week: Stitcher's Top 100 Shows

I can't find any true numbers to show how many downloads.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, and it's really fucking annoying. I checked 10-15 links.

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Well I wasn't the one to first go off topic but, Barstool rules!

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Podcast download numbers are notoriously hard to measure, as someone who hosts a podcast. It's tough for us to track how many downloads we're getting, and once the file is gone, there's pretty much no way to tell how many people listen. And beyond that, there isn't really any independent source out there that's got an accurate handle on how many podcasts stack up against one another. At least in the past, I've been told that the iTunes charts are based on the number of subscribers gained, which is obviously an issue if you're an established podcast with 500K+ listeners already.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Cameron Hanes? Also, the barstool podcast is pretty damn funny.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Things that make me question my understanding of America today, ranked:

3. Snapchat's popularity
    2. Donald Trump's election

1. Anyone downloading the First Take podcast. I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh on a JUST out of reach AM station than seek out First Take even for a day.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why would downloads be hard to track? It seems as if that should be easy to track.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

BTW, with Cowherd, Bayless and Sharpe, Smith, and Smith and Kellerman - that list reads like the soundtrack in the third circle of hell.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Now that FOX Sports Radio is on Sirius/XM, I dialed up Bayless-Sharpe and Herd for a bit this morning.
    I forgot why I despised Bayless. Now I remember.
    My God in Heaven, that is awful.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't know who I despise more.........Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, or Simmons.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Smith, Bayless and Cowherd are like a triumvirate of everything that is wrong with sports media.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted