1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons Calls Out Mike Golic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 6, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

People think this is for real?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I wish Simmons had said nothing in response, and had allowed other people to point out to ESPN brass how over the line Golic was in calling him out. Sure, Simmons could have called in, but he's on the west coast and I'm guessing he was sleeping on a pile of Patriots Super Bowl DVDs when Golic went off.

Simmons is management, though, and you can't react like that when you manage people. I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired for this, bc his reaction is 10x worse than what he said in the Goodell podcast, which people would have just ignored if ESPN brass hadn't gotten their tights in a bunch.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not me - trumped up feud benefits both parties. Simmons is tired of being perceived as a wuss so he's trying to change his image.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I like the way you think, Boom. Roger that.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You have got to be kidding me. You're really buying this whole CM Punk angle? How does ESPN benefit from having its highest-profile employee stick it in their eye? The boost in publicity is completely undermined by the sour feelings. You think Golic is on board with Bill Simmons saying he has no balls?

Please.

Golic was over the line, Simmons overreacted, and one or both of them is going to get suspended for it.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Next up: Jay Bilas criticizes Chris Berman's combover

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Talk radio shows on the same station will stage "feuds" between the various shows to drum up interest or ratings. Afternoon drive guy tools on morning guy and vice versa. I think its entirely possible that's what this is

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Who in the fuck gives two squirts of chicken shit about what Mike Golic has to say about anything?

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As Ben_Hecht described Greenberg so succinctly in this space: A bed-wetting mama's boy. Admitted juicer Golic is the funny sidekick, without the funny.

Has Simmons been prosecuted yet for that criminally-negligent Dr. V story?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There's no chance this is fake.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It might as well be fake. It just adds credence to my theory that ESPN and Simmons have a tacit understanding he will play the bad boy in order to be the 21st century Howard Cosell.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mike & Mike are the ESPN house band, Pravda, Bristol edition. The sports equivilant of Musac

Draft saved Draft deleted