1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons Calls Out Mike Golic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

All these disputes. It's hard to keep up.

http://deadspin.com/bill-simmons-goes-on-twitter-rant-calls-out-espn-and-m-1655523561?rev=1415298055318&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Bill Simmons ✔ @BillSimmons
    Follow

What Mike and Mike did today was absolute garbage. I would say I lost respect for that show, but I never had it. http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/06/mike-golic-on-bill-simmons-lebron-comments-he-grabbed-a-headline-which-is-something-i-know-he-loves/ …

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I have to completely side with Simmons on this one. Mike and Mike took something he said completely out of context and made it into something that it never was.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Apparently the edict at the WWL is must never criticize The Chosen One.

ESPN's Cavaliers coverage is nauseating. Four games into an 82-game season and you'd think the Cleveland Cavaliers were the only team that played professional sports. Here's a minute of other sports' highlights, we'll dissect the Cavs for the other 59 minutes.

I don't mind the NBA, but there ARE other sports to cover...

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Simmons is Costanza trying to get out of his contract.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It certainly appears that way. I like Simmons, but I get the sense that he may have a hard time finding a gig as lucrative as the one he has now if he's blackballed by ESPN.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Mike and Mike stopped talking about the Jets and Mark Sanchez long enough to get to this?

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Golic and his faux outrage takes are lame beyond belief. Mike and Mike is one trick pony vanilla show.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Golic is a simp and he never says anything remotely enlightening, but he's a company man through and through, and I guarantee he didn't go off the reservation to call out Simmons. It's a reflection of the environment/attitude in Bristol towards Simmons.

Golic's comments were absolute crap and Simmons has every right to be angry.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Seems like Greenberg's fault to me, and I like them.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

John Feinstein once took Mike and Mike apart in his blog, explaining how Golic would be fed all of his faux outrage points because he wasn't too bright. Granted, that was a few years ago, but I don't think Golic has turned into Edward R. Murrow since then.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Whether or not Simmons has every right - I think that's a bit strong - his skin is tissue-thin, and he could have easily called up Golic himself to discuss it.

Simmons must be one hell of a human being to his friends, that he seems to engender so much support.

Draft saved Draft deleted