1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons as an radio/podcast interviewer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Just the facts ma am, Mar 20, 2015.

1. I think this is where he shows real talent now.

Check out this podcast with Steven A. Smith of all people.

‘B.S. Report’ SXSW Special: Stephen A. Smith, Jimmy Kimmel, and Rachel Nichols «

He got Steven A. to give his story on his Ray Rice comments and suspension, very interesting.

Also a fun interview with Grantland's movie critic Wesley Morris.

‘B.S. Report’ SXSW Special: Horatio Sanz and Wesley Morris «

Although at the end he congratulates the Pulitzer Prize winner Morris for winning an award and tells him how proud he is of him. This came across as a little patronizing.

The first time I heard Simmons on the radio was when he was a guest on one of his buddies (D.D.) talk radio shows in L.A. many years ago. I remember remarking other than his squeaky voice how much more talented he was as a guest than the host.
  2. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Member

3. Bill to his credit (wink, wink) has always admitted sports gambling.
  4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Active Member

I listen to some of his pod casts, particularly when he when the topic is the NBA. I stay away from Jacko and House pod casts. He is an excellent interviewer though if he disagrees with a guest he will keep belaboring the same points.
  5. Me too. If you listen to the pod casts (two words?), Bill has evolved to let the guest take the stage.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted