1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons and Holy Cross

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 27, 2007.

?

Does Bill Simmons even mention Title IX in his column about fixing sports (specifically basketball)

1. Of course he does - how can he ignore the biggest influence from the past 40-years on mid-size colle

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Bill Simmons does not know his ass from his elbow. His recommendations will be better gearded toward

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Bill Simmons likes lamp.

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but how about Franklin Pierce?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Final 4 baseball team. And wood bats! Definitely stick it up the arses of Holy Cross.

3. I thought Bennington was a college for lesbians who couldn't get accepted at Smith.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pretty much, yeah.

5. Songbird

I never knew Brett Easton Ellis was a lesbian. That explains much.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Williams has a good baseball program, backed by more than a few of Steinbrenner's dollars.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If he needs three names, there's something fruity about him.... Ask Billy Joe Bob!

8. Bennington at graduation

[​IMG]

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I am fully aware of that. What I am also mostly aware of is that I can't recall of any Holy Cross alums in the NBA lately. La Salle isn't exactly a basketball factory (duh), but we've had a few over the last 20 years.

10. Yeah, Rasual Butler and Tim Legler were really great. ::)

I'll refer you to your quote where you said, "Have they ever won an NCAA title in anything?"

They have.

11. Gordie Lockbaum almost won the Heisman trophy with Holy Cross.

He was robbed. Freaking Tim Brown? That was the Notre Dame mystique at work.

12. Songbird

Castleton State with Stan Van Gundy as coach would totally hammer LaSalle. Hell, they'd play 'em at the Palestra and show 'em how Vermonters roll.

Draft saved Draft deleted