1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Simmons and Holy Cross

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 27, 2007.

?

Does Bill Simmons even mention Title IX in his column about fixing sports (specifically basketball)

1. Of course he does - how can he ignore the biggest influence from the past 40-years on mid-size colle

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Bill Simmons does not know his ass from his elbow. His recommendations will be better gearded toward

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Bill Simmons likes lamp.

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If you say so, Chris.

Then, Williams has been called the best liberal arts school in the country.

It a Masshole thing.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

It's freakin' HOLY CROSS! Have they even won an NCAA title in anything? At least my school, La Salle, won it all. Granted it was in 1954, but that's still one more than a lot of other schools (**coughcoughSaintJoescoughcough**) and we play in a city with one of the richest basketball histories in the nation. Simmons is just being a typical New England sports bitch. It's almost Joe Benigno-like: when am I gonna get MYYYYYYYYYYYYY NCAA championship?

3. The College of the Holy Cross won the NCAA title in 1947 and finished third the following year.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dont hold back

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My cousin played center for the Holy Cross football team.

And that's my contribution here.

Carry on.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wasn't Holy Cross invited (or at least it was considered) to the Big East? I got the impression reading Feinstein's dreadful and sanctimonious book about the Patriot League that had they wanted to, they could be at least in the Providence-St. John's-Seton Hall area when it came to sports.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I totally though Holy Cross was in New York [/West Coast bias]

I am now enlightened.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Holy Cross is Worcester's second-most identifiable entity.

Number one?

[​IMG]

Welcome to Worcester, a dollar twenty-five please!

(and yes, I know the movie and the sketch aren't the same thing. leave me alone)

9. And can you sign the receipt? That way I can prove to my friends I met the biggest fucking dipshit with the smallest dick alive.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I'm sure Simmons is aware of Title IX. He's a lot of things but he ain't a moron.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Here's a dollar twenty-five, and go fuck yourself!

12. Well, I've already heard that one today, you unoriginal bastard. Eat shit! Eat my shit!

Draft saved Draft deleted