1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Parcells Retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 22, 2007.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Anyone got Ray Handley's phone number?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

When is ESPN going to start covering this story? :)

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Ragu, love the new sig. Surprised he hasn't mentioned it here yet.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I'm waiting for Bill to say, 'Lookit, fellas, I'm done. I won't coach any more. You can write that on the chalkboard.'

Of course, chalkboards do have erasers. . .

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

no lie. i just used that line for a graphic on this subject i sent to my place about an hour ago. and i know you're not me.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Screw Parcells, the fat fuck. Today should have been a day for Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy to be basking in the glow of the tremendous coaching jobs they did, but Tuna the Fuck-Head decided to steal the spotlight, as usual, even though he could have made this announcement any time in the past two weeks.

Fuck him. And I was glad his two blow-boy disciples got their asses handed to them Sunday. Especially love the sour-ass look from Belichik, who didn't have the class to shake Manning's hand.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

shocked.......shocked I tell you.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Michael Irvin loves the Cowboys. Show the man some love in return. Oh, and a pipe.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

SportsCenter's coverage was nauseating, as expected. Everyone from Darren Woodson to Harry Carson has opined on this today. Maybe the White House should issue a statement.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

At 34-32, Parcells went out in near-mediocrity. His "legacy" might just be that he couldn't win without Bill Belichick.

And why would the networks come calling? - he sucked when he was on ESPN (but I agree, they will come calling).

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Thirteen games over .500 since he left the Giants.

Draft saved Draft deleted