1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Parcells Retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 22, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

DMN writer and Startlegram writer both act like it's a big surprise to them, yet a guy in NJ tells me Friday night that Tuna might announce his retirement over the weekend?
    Nice work by the Texas guys!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Would've been better if he put Prisuta's name on it, but yes, well done.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The ESPN ticker cracked me up. "Bill Parcells Retires." Damn, you could've ran that crawl 16 years ago when he left the Giants.

And spnited, I'll trust your pipeline, but I still think Parcells is gonna have some influence in the organization, even if it's lurking way back in the shadows.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll concede wicked that I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a "consultant" in 2008 (after Coughlin gets canned)... but not this year.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

wicked, you're wrong. spnited is correct that bill won't be doing anything for the giants.

spnited, don't be too hard on the texas guys. they had to read the tea leaves. your guy has a direct line to his tunaship. as in, "i knew it, but couldn't write it."

when that happens, you're too close.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

100% percent correct Shockey...on all counts

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nick Saban on line two, Charlie Weis on line three.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

AP NEWSALERT
    BC-NICK SABAN IS A WHORE
    WILL BE LED

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Nick Saban was seen getting on a charter plane late this morning that, according to flight records, is bound for Dallas.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If each of those Texas guys didn't have an "obit" already written in skeletal form, then shame on them.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is Ray Perkins available?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If TO played on the same team as Michael Vick, would the coach spontaneously combust?

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Skip Bayless on CP: "Parcells was forced out, asked to leave."

Draft saved Draft deleted