1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill O'Reilly needs to get out more...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Jesse Macbeth is, in fact, a phony soldier.
    He was not, however, the phony soldier under discussion in the episode in question, no matter how hard the drug-adled coward wants to use him as an ex post facto alibi. He was talking about soldiers who have spoken out against the war. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be peddling doctored tapes and transcripts.
    So either you can't think, or do not choose to.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow, when Tony was a kid he coloured outside the lines and then claimed, "Someone moved the lines".

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Once again, someone who doesn't listen claims to know more than someone who was listening -- and looks like an idiot in the process.

4. WAIT A MINUTE.
    Didn't I get props for being civil a ways back?
    There goes the Christmas card list again.
    Look, believe what you want. Listen to those voices in your head that make you feel good. I heard the dialogue in real time. It is precisely what was posted in MM and precisely what people have reacted to. Rush is scrambling to cover his ass because he is and always has been a public coward without even the guts a crazy person like Coulter has to stand behind her slanders. He was no more talking about Jesse Macbeth than he was talking about pilonoidal cysts. That's just the mommy-they're-yelling-at-me alibi of the week, rather like the techie he threw under the bus for the White House Dog incident, and the "Passing along a rumor" bullshit that he used when he talked about Vince Foster dying in a DC love nest. (Heard/saw those in real time, too, so don't even bother.) Gutless is as gutless always does.
    You can piss off now, by the way.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. My bad on not being civil.

But you're still wrong about what MM is telling you about what Rush said and its context. As wrong as the Cubs are bad. (Nice DP grounder, Ramirez!)

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, she's not taken seriously by you ... please don't speak for the entire population, as you do in the above statement.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yawn.

When either begin to respect modern realities, please let us all know.

Either of them actually basing sustainable arguments on verifiable facts would also be refreshing -- especially Rush.

The drunken skank has been riding for years on snotnosed sorority insults, which is why the mainstream holds their collective noses and steers clear of that trainwreck.

9. Java

Java New Member

Ace is right' Massa Bill "throwing them a bone" is a generous and gracious act.

Next generosity for Bill? How 'bout praising Injuns for being noble and having killer cheek bones?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bill is charmed by any kind of subservience, especially if the other person's skin isn't white.

"Man, I can't believe how clean their feet were the last time I went to that Moroccan restaurant in the village and they made us take our shoes off!"

11. I am, I repeat, not talking about what "MM told me Rush said." I'm talking about what I heard Rush say, and about the fact that he is o0nce again cobbling together a chickenshit alibi after the fact because he'd wet himself if he actually had to confront the people he slandered.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Rush isn't mad about what he said, he's mad that those fighting about it are using actual quotes.

Draft saved Draft deleted