1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill O'Reilly needs to get out more...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

O'Loofa used to be a reporter in Miami, Dallas, Boston, Hartford and New York. You mean to tell me he never went to a restaurant in a black neighborhood for a story? Or at the suggestion of a co-worker? Or just because he was starving and in the area? Really sad and out of touch...not the sort of thing you should go around remarking about in 2007.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

That's what strikes me so much about this.
    That kind of crap is what you would expect to hear in the 1960s.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

So what? Why are you trying to rile up those black folks? [heyabbot]

4. "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, `M.F.-er, I want more iced tea.'"

That is one of the most ignorant statements I've heard in my life -- and I talk to players and coaches everyday.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"The band was excellent, but they were dressed in tuxedoes, and this is what white America doesn't know, particularly people who don't have a lot of interaction with black Americans," he said. "They think the culture is dominated by Twista, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg."
    Williams concurred that too many people believe there's little else in black culture beyond profane rap.

I wonder why that is Bill? Maybe its because the only time you mention black people on your show is in a negative context.

Oh, yeah. I know you loved the Cosby Show and Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods, admire Colin Powell and some of your best friends are black. I think it is indicative of his naive view of the world.

I didn't know BLACK people liked Anita Baker.

6. I'm so glad black people are thinking for themselves and acting like me!! [/Bill O'Reilly]

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You must be talking about the one on Florida Blvd. near Airline Highway.

Jeebus, Boom, next time you're in town, let me tell you about 150 better places to eat.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Did someone scream out, "Motherfucker, get me some iced tea!"? I'd think my dining experience could only be enhanced by that once-in-a-lifetime moment.

9. Oh, for a muse of fire....

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

JD - that's the one. I've had some wonderful meals in Baton Rouge but this was not one of them. Wanted to grab something quick before a flight and was just being courteous to person driving me.

About the only thing I did not hear was "MF get me some ice tea"

11. Because nowhere in the South do you have to ask for iced tea. They just bring it to you. I think they bring it to you in banks and in churches, too.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Unfortunately, this asshole is representing white people in general and journalists. Therefore, I am embarrassed on behalf of my race AND profession.

Draft saved Draft deleted