1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham debate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

No comment on the debate or the subject matter or anything like that. But whoever came up with #hamonnye gets an imaginary internet kudos from me.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Evidently more than 500,000 people tuned in to the stream. That's more than most network prime time crapfests.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No.

5. joe

joe Active Member

If he uses his "ham bone" on Virginia, is he Macon Bacon?

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

The only people who could find truth in your statement are those who find truth in Young Earth math (i.e., those who ignore a preponderance of easily-accessible data sets, all of which contradict their intuitive beliefs, in order to maintain cognitive ease). Good news is, if you surround yourself with enough people who agree with your belief that 500,000 viewers is what most primetime crapfests draw, the reality of the situation ceases to matter!

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/nbc-cancels-sean-saves-world-155301

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2014/02/05/tuesdays-broadcast-ratings-cbs-dramas-top-charts-in-viewers-demos-892005/broadcast_20140204/

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hey, everyone else was chiming in with masses of bullshit earlier in the thread, so I decided to hop in hip deep. Carry on, oh you sensitive souls.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Where did you see that? I haven't found any references to an appearance fee, though admittedly I have no idea how the machinations of such debates work.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Everybody knows that when you add one 2 to another 2 you get 22

and don't forget that 7 x 13 = 28

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nye should have sent Joe Pesci to debate for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4bftQ4xxFc

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have the greatest regard for "faith" - but it's turf belongs in the unknown, to answer the questions we can't answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted