1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Murray's wife files for divorce, alleges abuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, May 29, 2008.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Re: Bill Murray's wife files for divroce, alleges abuse

Very sad if true.

I know the life of entertainers is obviously a lot different than that of lowly newspaper people. But if you are so pessimistic about the prospects of your marriage that you sign a pre-nuptial agreement like this, why get married? You agree to pay $7 million within 60 days of the final divorce decree? It's almost as if they expect it to fail. If you expect it to fail, don't get married!

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: Bill Murray's wife files for divroce, alleges abuse

Well, she's got that going for her, which is nice.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Given what Murray would have to pay his lawyers and then his ex, I'd say $7 million is a pretty good deal for him.

But fuck him if he did hit her.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Although it lends a little more credence to the story of his alleged run-in with ex-Fresno sportscaster (now NESN Red Sox field reporter) Heidi Watney at a golf tournament awhile back. Not that Heidi doesn't have anger management issues of her own.
    My brother-in-law met a few years ago at his golf course restaurant near Jacksonville, and he couldn't have been a nicer guy (still has their picture on his cell phone). A co-worker met him, and says the same thing (he concedes the affairs might be possible, but not the abuse). Just hope this whole thing isn't true, or at least is greatly exaggerated.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just one question, and I ask it in a genuinely non-starky way...

Why would you stop liking a movie you've always enjoyed just because the actor/actress did something reprehensible in real life?

Do their actions change what you liked about a movie?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought he was older than 57. He looks like hell.

9. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I thought the exact same thing.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, Heston sold his soul to the nutties, but I'm not removing "Touch of Evil" from my all-time Top 10 anytime soon.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That means he was only 31 in Stripes? Wow.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

No, but it does change how I see the person. I now have a hard time watching anything with Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson in it.

Is that stupid? Probably, but that's the way it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted