1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maher's Live Stand-Up Concert on Yahoo.com @ 10:30PM ET

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Feb 23, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bill Maher is funny = Kate Upton is fat

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The guy is really funny at times and I used to like the things he talked about. He lost me when he made Religulous. It's fine to disagree with religion and to point out flaws, it's another to prove your thesis that religion is stupid by only showing stupid, inarticulate people. I will grant that he is a good balance to the Glen Becks and Rush Limbaughs who basically do what he does only against liberals and those who don't subscribe to the ultra conservative agenda.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maher has $1 million to donate? Really!?!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

FACT

Both arguments are trite and idiotic. Goodness.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think he's funny a lot of the time; the New Rules segment of his shows is a different take on Carlin's rants about society's foibles. And c'mon, it's great how he makes sure the actor-singer-pulp novelist on the panel ends up coming off as the one that sounds the most lucid among the politicians and the pundits.

And no, Kate Upton is not fat.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I don't want to throw this completely off topic, but Ferguson has had serious interviews with Desmond Tutu and other non-celebrity figures, but I get the feeling if controversy approaches he backs away. It's what makes that show so refreshing.

Anyhow, back to Maher... :)

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every time I see Bill Maher, I'm reminded of a Politically Incorrect where he had some pundit sitting next to Randy Savage, who was in full Macho Man garb. I think Savage said two sentences the whole time he was there, but just seeing him sitting there as everyone else is talking politics, had me in tears from laughing so hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted