1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maher's Live Stand-Up Concert on Yahoo.com @ 10:30PM ET

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is this downloadable?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll save you the trouble:

Republicans are stupid.

Christians are stupid.

I'm really smart.

The end.

4. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, there's a lot of "If you're republican you're stupid and if you're religious you're stupid and if you dare disagree with me you're stupid..."

I still think the guy is hilarious. I download the Real Time podcast every week. I disagree with the bulk of his opinions, but I still laugh my ass off.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Bill Maher but he was on Craig Ferguson's show the other night and he was so aloof and detached and arrogant and clueless, even the normally affable Ferguson was put off and the interview went off the rails.

Maybe it was because he started off by accusing Ferguson of being drunk, then when Craig mentioned "I've been clean and sober for 20 years..." he didn't get the hint and proceded to launch into a diatribe about how there are "drunks" (presumably, people like the host...) and there are drinkers, which Bill claimed he was. The uncomfortable TV went on from there.

6. Mizzougrad96

Maher has pretty interesting interviews with Marc Maron and Carolla on their podcasts during the last week or two.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I give Craig Ferguson a lot of credit. I really don't think he wants to go down the road of other late-night hosts, those that are pro-Democrat like Stewart and Letterman. I just think he and Geoff want to do their little show with goofy tweets and e-mails and guests like stand-up comics and movie/TV stars.

8. TigerVols

Exactly, steve. And that's what threw Maher for a loop; it's like he was shocked to find a talk show host who didn't agree with him.

9. Mizzougrad96

I think it was Marc Maron who said Ferguson is the only show he's ever done where there is no pre-interview. I wonder if that's part of the reason why the Maher interview went wrong... Granted, it probably didn't help that Maher sometimes won't adjust...

10. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I agree with the guy on a lot, but I can never fully embrace Maher's comedy because of his terrible fucking manners. He is such an incredible dickhead, especially with his comments and dismissive attitude toward religion. It's sad because the guy really is sharp and has guts. But his holier-than-thou attitude is a real turnoff.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He had Herman Cain on his show one night and I was surprised at how respectfully he treated him. I was bracing for a shitshow.

12. TigerVols

Bill Maher announced he's giving $1 million to President Obama's super-Pac.

As I was saying, Maher is a gentleman of the highest order and I really, really appreciate everything about him.

Draft saved Draft deleted