1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maher runs out protesters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dignan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah, it was like: "Hey, I'm the star here. Camera is on me! ME-ME-ME!!!"

So I enjoyed watching Maher get pissed off. I can guess what he's like out in public.

Maybe he wears a cape.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So what should Maher have done?
    Should he have turned the show over to the audience members and turned it into a debate about what they were saying?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I did like that he waited to get into the audience until one was being taken out, then pushed on the security guards.
    Nice acting, tough guy.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love me a good o_t hypo.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If he belonged to your party, you'd be applauding him, you political whiner.

6. From a "dangers of live television" standpoint, it was compelling as hell, because these protesters kept reappearing every few seconds, right as the show appeared to be getting back on track.

But he was right to be pissed, he was right to go into the audience when his security team wasn't providing the muzzle, and while I will call him preachy and shortsighted, I'm not sure the term "phony" applies to Maher.

Draft saved Draft deleted