1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maher runs out protesters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dignan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When the facts aren't on your side, all you have are hypotheticals.

"Well, Bush may have made some mistakes . . . but Kerry would have been worse!!!"

"Well, Maher had a right to do what he did . . . but he would have been on the hecklers' side if they had been disrupting a GOP debate!!!"

Nothing but stupid hypotheticals that you think you can present as fact.

Just stick to the facts. Painful as they are for you.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which are even funnier given the knowledge that Maher and Coulter are friends and that he sticks up for her all the time on his show.

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I thought that by running into the crowd and actually pushing one heckler up the aisle for a second as the guy was being hauled out, then later calling vehemently for arrests, Maher lost control of his TV pulpit. I betcha Jon Stewart woulda handled it better and probably could have used his own wit to turn things in his favor and use the audience laughter and applause to shut down the protesters.

Not that the protesters were right, but Maher's biggest fan is Bill Maher, and I agree with those who say everything is fine and dandy as long as Maher gets to dictate his liberal positions, but he's not so quick to let the conservatives dictate their positions.

I remember back when Clinton was president and, for a while, Maher wouldn't allow any Clinton-bashing on "Politically Incorrect." I stopped watching Maher when the Star Syndrome took his ego over the top, which probably was about the same time he took a second job as one of those Playboy Mansion regulars who used Daddy Hefner as their personal pimp.

Bill Maher, to me, has turned into a "fascist liberal," and he's as quick as anyone to shout someone down. I'm not a right-winger by any stretch, but I'm no fan of Maher anymore, either.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You want to talk about false premise hypotheticals?

OK, here's one: Liberals would have done things better in Iraq.

If you want to play that game, we can pretty much do it on everything Bush has done that you say liberals would have done differently.

So basically the whole liberal agenda is a false premise hypothetical.

REmember last November? Vote democrat and they'll get us out of Iraq. Then the Dems got control and realized they'd shot off their mouths too much and they knew they would get wiped when their grand plans made things worse.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks for being you, tony.

6. old_tony

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago, Bill also completely lost it while unquestioningly defending Israel. The guy he was interviewing was a bit of a nut, but Bill's unwavering support of Israel was a bit surprising.

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Maybe liberals woulda kept looking for bin Laden, Tony, and not jumping into Iraq.

But maybe anyone else might have, outside this administration.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Fenian and Old Tony agree on something?
    Repent! The world is coming to an end!

10. Which was my point. Maher doesn't give a rat's ass what kind of vicious lunacy his show spews, as long as it comes from his pals on that side of the table. And when he gets called on it, he's all about what pussies we are in America, and that we're not fearless the way he is.
    I'm sorry. He looked like a cheap thug on this.
    On the plus side, Matthews looked like he'd wandered into the wrong saloon.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

12. old_tony

Under the Zeke rules, you've just raised a hypothetical and it means you don't have the facts on your side.

Draft saved Draft deleted