1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Maas arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The ingredients were definitely in place for a fun night.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's a hard (and funny) one to wrap my mind around ... but I'm trying.

3. Boognish

Boognish Member

Agreed. The catch phrase in my crew was "No Maas, no Maas," por favor whenever he would open his trap during a game. Nothing against the guy, he sounds like quite the bro to party with. Just didn't much care for the sweeping, shallow generalizations from his side of the booth.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I really thought he would have been arrested for stealing John Madden's schtick a long time ago.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I do recall a particularly bad Siegfried and Roy joke uttered by Maas ....

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Never a fan of that town because of the reqsons stated above. It oozes of depression in the area north of Proctor Hospital. When I visit my sister in the Quad Cities, we would head over there because they have Burlington Coat Factory on the western edge of town, and the only two places we'll go to in the central part of town is north of Proctor Hosp., to a Dunkin Donuts/31 Flavors shop and Popeyes. Peoria to me reminds me of larger version of my hometown.

Draft saved Draft deleted