1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Irwin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 18, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It may be time for me to finally forgive him for being a part of the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" video.

He was a damned creepy bad guy in last week's CSI, the one which introduces Laurence Fishburne's character.

Funny how the clown guy can make such an effective bad guy, too.

Robin Williams – also in that video – has had some turns like that. Andy Griffith in "A Face in the Crowd" is a revelation if all you know about him is Andy Taylor and Matlock. Steve Martin, I suppose, in "Tha Spanish Prisoner."

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I knew I recognized that guy on CSI last week. Creepy doesn't begin to cover it. Just caught Irwin on a Cosby Show rerun that also featured Carl Ballantine.
    Robin Williams was a sicko in Insomnia and as the photo developer guy.
    Didn't Jerry Lewis do sicko turn on TV? God knows that guy would be convincing as a thug.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jerry Lewis was a homeless uncle of Munch's on an SVU

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Aww, what does he know -- Collins couldn't even hit his own weight! Your Honor, I demand a separate trial!

5. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

Bill Irwin is great in everything, from Eight Men Out to Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He'll be great on Broadway this spring, too, in Waiting for Godot, with Nathan Lane,
    John Goodman, and . . . wait for it . . . David Straithorn.

Draft saved Draft deleted