1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cunningham plans to "Peel the bark off" Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Actually, that's what Cunningham did in the NPR interview: John Sidney McCain the third, Barack Hussein Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton and William Jefferson Clinton were all referenced. He also acknowledged having referred to Obama as "Barack Hussein Mohammed Obama" but discontinued that practice after the erroneous information he received from an Internet site was debunked.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

On his radio show he was calling McCain "John Wayne McCain."

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Salt Lake City begs to differ.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Eminently fair to include them in the mix, yes.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

SLC is really a pretty liberal place. Rest of Utah is conservative as all get out, but not so much SLC.

Having spent time in both places, I'd say Cincy's more conservative.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Have spent very little time in SLC. Of the major cities in which I've spent any significant time, Cincy wins, hands down.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Perhaps he'll join Atwater on a barbecue spit in Hell.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Isn't being the most liberal city in Utah akin to being the world's tallest midget?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Cincinnati has a democrat mayor, but yeah it's tough to argue it's conservativeness on many things.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And then he complained that McCain threw him under the bus for his Obama comments.

He must have gotten his law degree from a diploma mill.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He often defends using Obama's middle name by pointing out that every president goes by his first, middle and last names.
    Which would be true, except I've never heard anyone call Jimmy Carter anything but Jimmy Carter or George Washington anything but George Washington.
    I could go on and on.

Draft saved Draft deleted