1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cunningham plans to "Peel the bark off" Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I must admit the Paul Shanklin parody done to the tune of La Bamba is funny. Not much of what Shanklin does is funny, but that is.

2. digger

digger New Member

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. But my post could have been somewhat unclear.

I wasn't comparing Vietnam and Iraq and "winning'' and "losing''.

What I was trying to say was for years after Vietnam, it seemed like the democrats were running as the anti-vietnam/anti war party, trying to win an arguement they lost I guess in 68 and 72. And that the Democrats were on the other side of that arguement from a large section of the american public.

It's starting to look like the republicans and conservatives are going to keep forcing their candidates to run on "Iraq was the right thing'' or "Iraq finally turned out ok after 5 or 6 years of a mess''. And it's going to kill them, because most of America has already made up its mind that Iraq war was a mistake. And they'll keep rejecting candidates that say the opposite.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I have faith in the track record and diligence of the American people.

I know that they will weigh the issues carefully and determine which candidate and party best represents their position. And they will consider the possible effects of the election of either on their daily lives, their future and the future of this nation.

Then, the voters will go into the booth and make their decision based on whether they think McCain is too old or Obama is too Muslim.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

On a clear night out here in the boonies, you can hear Cunningham.

If the lunatic would keep out of politics, he is actually very funny.

One time, he had 3 strippers in studio with him demonstrating some new sex toys, and I damn near wrecked my car from laughing so hard.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Is he merely a Cincy phenomenon or is he syndicated, because I've never heard him either.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I know ClearChannel is whoring him out to all of their stations.

I know KOA in Denver has him on Sunday Nights. I think he has a XM Channel, also.

7. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Same here. Spent many a night traveling home from a ballgame with the Bozo on as well.

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

And then he can forget about getting elected president. Because the five-second sound byte where he says he doesn't need those votes and the other where he advocates "regaining trust" of the world's muslims will be run out of context in McCain and GOP 527 ads that label him as both arrogant and someone who wants to negotiate with the terrorists.

Never mind that the vast majority of muslims are NOT terrorists (there are extremeists in both Christianity and Judaism as well). That message will get repeated over and over and over again until undecided voters believe its true, the same way they eventually believed all the crap Karl Rove spinned about Gore and Kerry.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Mainstream? Non-issue. Internet crazies on both sides use whatever they can. You're talking about fringes the size of Nader supporters.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I go to bed every night praying for an atheist president.

And it's wonderful to know that in 2008, a candidates middle name is a viable election issue to some.

(sigh)

Any of the board's Canadians care to smuggle an American across the border? I'm small, and can fit in most trunks.

11. Stay, kaylee.
    We need your money.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'll meet you at Honey's in Niagara Falls.

You buy the wings, I'll get you across the border. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted