1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cunningham plans to "Peel the bark off" Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Why of course it is. Look at all of them who have opted for jobs in media.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't make the Trucking Bozo kick your ass.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Many, many a night as a kid I'd fall asleep to a Reds game on the radio, only to wake up in the middle of the night to the Bozo.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Expect to hear more of that Chicago/Daly style politician crap also.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The racist assholes with their unhinged attacks on the guy are actually going to help him, since the broad US populace, besides tending to be (a) generous, beyond all reason, is also (b) very sensitive to gutter tactics and UNfair play.

I'm more worried about BO's health than about any potential racial smears.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

You're wrong. They have been doing this for a while now. This isn't anything new. It's just being done more now that he is the expected nominee. They had to put Clinton away first, now they can work on B.O.

As far as the Osama thing, I don't think he has to worry about the GOP fringe using it as much as the red-faced senator from Massachusetts - who drinks everyday like it's St. Patty's Day and can't drive over bridges without getting himself and his passengers wet - that introduced Osama, ooops I mean Obama at a recent rally.

7. Not recent, RSC.
    C'mon.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

As thorny an issue as this must be for Obama, and I'm sure it gets discussed, I'd really like to see him just take it head on. Give a speech where he says, "I'm not a Muslim, but I do have Muslim ancestors, and yes, I do have a Muslim name. I'm a Christian, and I made that choice because (list whatever reasons he wants here). But if I was a Muslim, that would be OK, too. Because we don't have a requirement that a president be a Christian. Nor should we."

He could talk about influential Muslims who have done great things, for example. And he could demonstrate that if elected, he could help us regain (and gain for the first time) the trust of the world's Muslims, many of whom don't actively hate us but do look at us warily, perhaps more warily than they used to.

I also wish he would just say that anyone who would consider not voting for him because of his name is someone whose vote he doesn't need, but I'm not entirely sure that's true, or that he needs to be telling anyone not to vote for him.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It would be nice if he did desk. Unfortunately, if he said something like "we don't and shouldn't have a requirement that a president be Christian," he'd probably get destroyed. It's just a shame that people actually care about this at all.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is he ill?

What country do you live in?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I live in America, and someone's religion isn't my concern. My concern is how they're going to try to run this country.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I live in one where the number of people giving up on organized religion is rising at a rather significant rate. How about you?

Draft saved Draft deleted