1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Cunningham plans to "Peel the bark off" Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8V25VQ80&show_article=1

I've listened to this wingnut on occasion. The whole "Obama is a Muslim" thing has been completely debunked, but this guy doesn't seem to buy the debunking.
    I'm told he's a lawyer.
    Must be really easy to get a law degree.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

world travels slow in Cincinnati

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You mean a city that once elected Jerry Springer mayor may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic? No way.

4. Not even his line. Lee Atwater said it about Dukakis.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, they do have a street named after a man who bet on baseball while managing the team. Granted, they named the street before he placed his bets. But still.....

6. I've hated Bill Cunningham since they dropped Les Nessman at that station.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You mean the same part of the state that freshman congresswoman came from, who called Jack Murtha a coward in her maiden speech? Nawwww!

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just watch. This is going to be the gameplan over the next eight months. You'll hear "Barack Hussein Obama" from a lot of fringe GOP supporters. They'll keep repeating it and repeating it, and occasionally they'll say "Osama, oops, I mean Obama" and eventually his negatives will go up. People will actually start to believe that he is a closest Muslim prepared to destroy America. In the end, I don't think it will matter because enough young people seem to be interested in this election to make the idiot vote less important, but watch. This is only the beginning.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yep, you're right. I was wondering what has taken so long for GOP doofuses to start using Obama's middle name and last name against him, and if/when he gets the Dems ticket, the hard-core GOPs will use that to attack Obama.

I just hope McCain doesn't get sucked into that kind of fight.

10. No, he'll have his surrogates do it, and then apologize to an empty room.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Didn't work so well for the Clintonistas, did it?

Let 'em bring it.

12. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Cunningham is just the leadoff hitter for what we should expect should Obama hold it down and win the nomination. There's no question we're going to see the fringe of the GOP at its racist worst in an attempt to smear him. Between this pathetic excuse for a man and the rest of the racists disguised as talk show hosts (we know who they are), they'll run a full court press that will sadly bring a moment that will show this nation at its worst at a time when it should be celebrating that a person of color is capable of running this country.

Draft saved Draft deleted