1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Conlin update

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by somewriter, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

The best relationship between blog and MLB team is Athletics Nation. Billy Beane gives the site an interview two or three times a year.

No fan site interviews the GM every day during the trading season, or regularly during the baseball season.

2. At the risk of being uncivil, you can't possibly be this dumb.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Fenian doesn't throw rocks. He wields verbal daggers.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sure I can. Humor this idiot. Explain to me how a bunch of fanboys and bloggers taking potshots at Conlin is any different from what you've practiced at sportsjournalists.com for five years.

5. Zeemer

Zeemer Member

I'll try, since I have no dog in this fight (can we still use that, post-Vick?):
    This is a messageboard on which we've all registered, logged on and tacitly agreed to play by the same rules. What this blogger did to Conlin is, if technically legal and within his rights, nevertheless mean-spirited, sneaky and sad.
    The worst thing is that the blogger is really saying, "Look, World, Bill Conlin engaged me!! I exist!" I have nothing against blogs, new media or the way things are changing, but I can't help noticing that they are reliant to an enormous degree on the very mainstream media they're pissing on all the time.
    A smart parasite doesn't kill his host.

6. zeemer made most of the relevant points. Theoretically, at least, I don't know who you are and you don't know who I am. I don't know what kind of house you live in, don't care to find out, and wouldn't share it with the wider cyber-world if I did. I am not making you an object of public ridicule and doing it "for laughs."
    I mean, really, try harder than this.

7. poindexter

My point didn't involve just the SportsJournalists.com 'family'. Fenian, you've made 1001 threads throwing stones at Dick Cheney, George Bush, and all others in your periscope. Complete with put-downs for both the public target as well as any SportsJournalists.com member who opposes your view point. And for stuff involving things a lot more private than Conlin's supposedly private "F-U emails".

I could not care less if Fenian throws barbs at the republican party, Phil Mushnick, Thomas Friedman, Larry Elder, SportsJournalists.com posters, or anybody else. But for him to cluck at others for throwing rocks at Conlin and humiliating Conlin on the internet "for a laugh" is, in my opinion, extremely hypocritical. Just my opinion.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I dunno, 'Dexter. If Fenian gets a snarky, condescending email from Dick Cheney, I hope like hell he shares it.

9. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Dicky Boy doesn't send emails. In fact, he doesn't use computers. His flipper-like hands don't do so well on a keyboard.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. poindexter

LOL - tell me if Dick Cheney sent some left-wing blogger an email (assuming he knew how to use the interweb/email machine) that included a reference to Hitler, and talked about his dominican condo, and all his F-U Halliburton money, that Fenian wouldn't be all over it.

Come clean, FB.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Fenian would not dirty his hands on that -- he'd leak it to PerezHilton, as usual.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

The Hitler line was an error, but I loved the rest of Conlin's froth. Attaching the pictures of palm trees is especially fantastic. Because, really, what's the point of making "fuck you" money if you're never going to say "fuck you" to anybody, especially some prick blogger? That's kind of the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted