1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Clinton - Statesmen to Chief Stumper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Starting to see some blowback. Interesting Maureen Dowd column today:

"Bill’s transition from elder statesman, leader of his party and bipartisan ambassador to ward heeler and hatchet man has been seamless — and seamy."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/23/opinion/23dowd.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think the only liberal that Maureen Dowd likes is herself. Boy, she loooooooooves herself.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Meanwhile, Bill claimed today it was the press' fault the race factor has shown up in the Democratic primary race.

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2008/01/bill_reporters_who_dwell_on_racial_dustup_are_determined_to_take_election_away_from_the_people.php

Never mind that his wife's campaign started it with all these bullshit quotes to the media.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's politics. So they're supposed to play nice with Obama because he's black?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd settle for not bitterly dividing the party along gender and racial lines and not deliberately trying to drive down turnout.

But I'm easy.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a nice thought, zekester.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's pretty to think so.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No they should rough him up like one of Michael Vicks pit bulls but they should not fabricate anything

Draft saved Draft deleted